We are seeking a Graphic
Designer to oversee and perform all aspects of sign design, fabrication,
maintenance and installation. He or she will be responsible for design, planning
and scheduling production, material supply and management, quality control,
staff supervision, and assist with product and market development.
The ideal candidate will have had some related college diploma or certification, or equivalent sign design, production and installation experience, with strong supervisory/leadership skills, computer and internet expertise, high degree of technological and creative problem solving, as well as the physical ability – such as lifting and bending – to perform the job.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Consult with clients to determine signage objectives and material selection
- Estimate and quote on time and materials to produce signs
- Prepare proofs for client approval before production
- Design and create professional signs & vehicle wrap designs in a fast paced environment
- Schedule and co-ordinate all aspects of design & sign production with front end management
- Schedule production and installations through our job management software
- Co-ordinate sub-contractors as needed
- Prioritize workflow, communicate with production staff daily, and supervise the production process in conjunction with day to day operations, assisting with production as needed
- Perform quality control measures pre and post-construction
- Communicate with other employees to ensure production is completed on time and with the high quality
- Manages the inventory purchasing and storage process; maintain print and cut media, substrates and supplies inventory
- Supervises basic installations and complete more advanced installations
- Assesses and maintains current technology and work with the team to investigate, and potentially introduce, new technology and equipment to staff
- Train employees on equipment, tools, and efficiency-building methods
- Knowledge of how to operate and maintain large format inkjet printers, laminator and vinyl plotter
- Understanding and implementation of colour management in print production
- Handiness with a variety of shop tools for basic carpentry tasks, metal work, fastening, painting, finishing etc.
- Design and control in Adobe Creative
- Maintain a clean and organized work space and Production Department
- Operate Power Lifts for installations
- Establishes and maintains effective teamn relationships throughout the shop
- Follows all company policies, procedures, and business ethics codes
- Arrive to work and time and maintain regular attendance record
- Great communication skills and positive attitude every day.
- High school diploma required; advanced education diploma or degree with visual arts, graphic design or commercial art preferred but equivalent experience considered.
- Creative ability and artistic talent supported by a portfolio of original work
- Sign Shop Experience of 1 to 3 years is a MUST
- Pressure sensitive film application expertise is essential on a variety of surfaces with an emphasis on Vehicle Wraps
- Extensive knowledge of materials and substrates used in sign production
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite is required; Strong computer and internet skills, including Microsoft Office suite
- Previous supervisory/management experience preferred
- Able to lift 50 or more pounds
- Valid Driver’s Licence
- Able to work well under pressure to output high volume, high quality work
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
based on qualifications and experience.
Peninsula Signs Ltd. has been in continual operation as a commercial sign shop in Sidney, BC since 1980. We are a supportive team who work together, and have fun while we do it. We offer a competitive wage, good hours with some flexibility, good benefits, training when available, and profit sharing.
We measure our success not only on the satisfaction of our customers, but also the satisfaction of our employees.
Please respond with a resume, cover letter, and some examples of your creations.